Saturday, June 11, 2011

Arab Night!!!


Me and my friend Sharla. She is one of my favorites. She served a mission and always makes me feel loved:)


All my roommates
Me and Lauren

Didn't mean to put two of these in...

Service project at the YMCA cleaning out their storage units.


Wanna and my project organizing the craft supplies 

An ashlar (a massive rock). This is possibly the largest building stone weighing 500 tons! How did King Solomon's builders get it into place? I do not know. This is the underground of the western wall. This stone is from the time of Christ.

Stairs going up to the closest location on the wall right outside where the holy of holies were. This is where the Jewish people love to worship.

Service project photo again, out of order sorry.
Me at the closest part of the wall to where the holy of holies used to be in the Jewish temple. It's where the Dome of the rock is today. Jews can't go inside so they have to worship at the wall.

A long tunnel inside.

Hurva Synagogue. This is the first Jewish Synagoge and it has been re-built three times because it kept getting destroyed. It has been re-built to look the exact same as the original.

Over looking the Jewish corner. 

Do you see the Jerusalem Center? A view of Mt. Scopus on the Mt. of Olives

My room! 

My hallway leading to my apartment. 

Right outside my door.

Right when you walk in you see this. My bed is just on the wall you see.

My closet!

Going out to the porch.

On the porch

view from the porch (this is where I do my scripture study in the morning)

Another view from the porch. We are in a Muslim neighborhood. 

And another view.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures took about three hours to load so I don't have the whole tour of the JC up but I will do it soon! Love you all! (I just have so many followers) haha.

    ReplyDelete